söndag 20 juli 2008

Chihuly


Not quite sure if you like glass sculptures.
This man's sculptures are Amazing! Mi Auntie and I, we went to see Chihuly's exhibit in the City. I had low expectations but when I was walking through his exhibit, OMG... I felt like I was in a wonder-glass-land =))).
I like how he utilizes glassblowing and mixes it with nature to form his art organically - he would inflate molten glass into a bubble and let gravity and such, take its course.


One of my favorite piece. By the way, this piece was made with collaborators involving glassblowers from Finland (Nuutajarvi).

My other favorite. This was part of a huge installation. The texture of this piece just added to its already beautiful structure and style. Gorgeous!

And this here (top), once, Chihuly went to some trip and saw some vases that were by Native Americans. He liked how the vases when stacked together, its side or bottom are contorted or distorded. That inspired him to make vases and bowl-like pieces based on those ideas and forms - which, I think, came out fantastic.

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Soooo many postings!!!
Oh my lord.
Thanks babes :))))

I looove reading these!
- E

Anonym sa...

And the glass art wa amazing. So supprizing as well as I have never even thought about it :)
And that they were from Finland as well hihi (the collabros).
This made my eyes open up a little bit..

Anonym sa...

=) You're welcome =)

Yeah... I think I'm gon start visiting those local live-in artist hubs, they're supposedly all over the area. On certain days you can visit their studio/house and see how they go about their arts =).

Maybe you can check out the live-in studios over there in your neck of the wood and I'll see what they have over here =)))) We'll see how it goes... Only if you want... Lol.

Anonym sa...

I think I actually might but first I will check out all the second hand haunts!!
Wiippiiiii!
I'll keep you posted missus..

Take it easy now with your study and all!

Anonym sa...

Lols. You and your second hand haunts =))). I can only go into those with you...

Thanks a lot! =)