tisdag 8 juli 2008

The recipe.

Grapes & (feta) Cheese
So far this is our favorite.

Tomatoes and Peaches
Fabulous as well.



Last night for dinner, I started on the (impending) recipes I found on the NY Times =).

Both were refreshing. Perfect for when you're craving for something light and flavorful.

For the grapes and feta cheese, it came out great. The grapes were perfect and the feta was just mind blowing (made locally, in Marin). The bits of mint went perfectly well with the cheese and the grapes. Don't be afraid to add a little bit more of fresh chilis - which was recommended on the article; I also used different kinds of chilis (jalapeno, long green anaheim and poblano chilis). The chilis added zesty heat to the dish.

As for the peaches and tomatoes. It was delicious and we liked it very much also. However, our peaches were not sweet enough and the overall effect on the dish diminished.
Tips for you (in case, you give it a try): make sure your peach is firm but not too crunchy and make sure it is sweet! If our peach was a bit sweeter, it would've been perfect. The tomato for Mikey-Ike was fine; personally, I prefer my tomatoes a bit firm and sweet.

***more to come***

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

You and your grapes ;)
That's all we ate in Hawaii!
Hahaha a ton of grapes.
See at my house we cook hearty meals.
It's quite horrendous!
Jon always wants meat and heaps of carbs.
I mean it tastes good but it's so fulfilling.
Last night I forced a salad night down his throat! Ha.
I'll give you that recipe. It's yum.

Anyway..did you like any of my tips for your skirt??

Anonym sa...

Seriously... you've got to try that grapes and feta cheese =))). Lol. since i got here, i haven't really had grapes. although, now whenever i go to the market and see red grapes and cottage, hm... the happy days with you =)))))

Oh no... i'm lacking of iron =/.

Email it to me =)

Alright the skirt... well, i tried it with a t-back tank top, didn't really like the look... as for the blouse, i tried it with the blouse that i already have... didn't look coordinated. perhaps a different fabric and pattern or something, i'll see what i can find =).

Xo's,
a