lördag 28 juni 2008

Top 5 Things Of Mine

I love making lists.
All kinds of lists.
What I want of life, what to buy at the shop, what to remember.
Anything that can be listed.

This is my top 5 of things that I own.
At the moment that is.

1. SMITH'S
A girls best friend.
Minted rose is a favourite but I thought I'd give the other one a try. It is a classic after all.


2. ALTOIDS.
Curiously strong mints.
Dangerously American.
So I keep my vitamins there.
I have four each day:
2xfish oil, 1 all round vitamin, 1 calcium.
My mother thinks it is important.
I believe her.


3. MULBERRY
When I graduated I decided to grow up.
And there is nothing quite as grown up as organizing your life
into an English hand sewn classic.
I now finally have style.
And class.


4. AKI KAURISMÄKI
You might not know him but you should.
His name is Aki. He is a director.
And I have worked in his bar.
I will be doing that this summer too in fact.
The actress is Kati.
The Japanese love her.
There is something so incredibly Finnish about her.
No emotion. Only sadness. Sadness.
Oh Finland you may drown in Sadness.


5. PIN-UPS
When I first got this book I was a bit surprised.
Now I like to think that she saw something in that
18 year old girl who was so insecure.
Maybe.
Or maybe the book was on sale.
She is still a good friend of mine though, the giver.



This one is an extra.
It makes me feel like a sailor.


But that is a whole another story.

- E

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

TASCHEN! I heart! Went into his bookshop in SoHo when we were in NYC and I went OMG! He's amazing.

This is awesome! Listing... hm... maybe I should try this... =)))

I used to Love organizers... I love stationaries, could never get enough of those fine papers and dainty designs on them =)))

I wonder if Sephora here in SF is selling those Smith's lip balms...

Miss Rascal sa...

Altoids tin is the perfect iPOD case.
I revamped a tin for my ex once and I totally regret that I didn't take a picture. :(

I love Taschen's books.