fredag 13 juni 2008

Belly full.

When my parents showed up for my graduation ceremony here in sweden I decided that the celebrationary feastings were on.
Good bye shait baked beans and second hand vegetables!
Welcome flavor and class!

On our first night we dined at Phuun Thai.
(Yo, not to insult anyone or anything but why is everything always something poo in thai???)

The restaurant has been in Helsingborg for 10 years and is the oldest thai place here. It continues to provide hungry Swedes with delicious meals at an approximately 10 euro range per meal. No more than that.

Tom yam goong

Strong chilisoup with prawn. This soup was awesome! The prawns melted in ones mouth and the chili was hot hot hot. There was hints of coriander and lemongrass to give the soup a little but of a zizinG!

Thai spring rolls with sweet and sour chili (vegetarian)

I am normally quite skeptical about spring rolls as I don't think I've ever had a really good one and I have to say the situation remains. The spring rolls were made of something called 'tunnbrödsrulle' and then fried. Now, what they were made of was not the typical papery/overgreasy pastry that you normally get but rather a bit thicker wheat breadish thing. I appreciated the effort to make the dish taste home made intead of buying frozen stuff but it just wasn't a favourite.

Gäng Kiowan Goong

I normally always order red curry but now I opted for the green. It is highly likely that I don't do that again. This green curry was delicious and very spicy but it completely lacked the sweetness and flavor of the red curry. In the red curry one can taste the variety of flavours such as lemongrass, coriander and several others. The green was more of a dull version very well recoqnised from several other thai places. Average. However, the sauce did have more than eight large prawns in it!

The rest of my party, i.e. my love and my pears, were having: Tom kaa gai, Moo satee, Gäng kiowan moo and Pla muk phad katiem prik thai. They enjoyed themselves!!!

I do love Phuun Thai and it's prices on delicious meals but my only problem is that like in many other thai places, you have to stick with what you know is good for certain as experimenting might lead to minor catastrophies in the belly front. So next time, red prawn curry!

- E

Inga kommentarer: