onsdag 20 augusti 2008

Greetings from Lovely San Francisco


So the other day we went to this Filipino Restaurant in the Castro District, called Palencia. Gut feeling when I walked in, I knew it was going to be iffy. And sure enough...


I asked our host to sit us by the window... Mike-Ikey is 6'3", he gets claustrophobic in tight places. That was a plop. Where we were seated, flies were buzzing around us. It was disgusting. I spent part of my childhood in the Philippines and I still visit there once in a while. I'm not so disgusted by it, as long as they don't land on my food - but it did! Grosss... Of course, it's a whole another story for Mike, he totally lost his apetite, I felt so bad for him. We got through it though, despite the obstacles.


If it wasn't for the cramped space and the flies hovering all over us (I killed 2 of them!); the food was good. We had the ginataang jackfruit, which is sort of like the Filipino version of curry - not sweet, a bit tangy and definitely coconuty. It reminded me of my Mum's version. Also, we had bistek, marinated pork. I wanted to taste this b/c my auntie makes the best Bistek (craving for it); the Bistek at Palencia did not come close, uberly disappointed.

Inga kommentarer: