söndag 10 augusti 2008

080808

Where I live is the most beautiful in the world.
To me it is so safe.
I have my family and my friends and my loves and my losses.


My home.

Last night I was watching my parents sitting on their porch enjoying a glass of rose and discussing life. There was something so very touching about the connection they share.
Then I thought of the military coming with their tanks, their bombs and their guns. How we would run to get away. Maybe loose each other on the way and possibly for forever. How they would burn down the house that to me feels so safe.
How our lives would get demolished. It felt so horrendous.

My heart goes to all the people in South Ossetia who are being bombarded by the Russian and the Georgian troops. It seems like we learned nothing from the Cold War and that the only way to change things would be to....you know.The thing everyone knows. Take them down. Force them to start acting like the rest of us. Respecting each other.
And the same goes with the Olympics.
Without respect for humans rights the good spirits of the Olympic sports can not live on.

So I am sorry. I will not be watching the Olympics. I will not be cheering for the world as we know it.
I will be praying for world peace. As cliched as it may sound.

- E

Inga kommentarer: