söndag 4 oktober 2009

Charity and Solidarity

As you know SEA (SouthEast Asia) Pacific has been ravaged by typhoons, tsunami and earthquakes these few days.

People, like the food carts in the City got together last week to show support and donate a portion of their revenues to the victims in the Philippines. Mikey-Ike and I went to a couple of them. Food cart festivities on Wednesday night (not pictured) and last Friday.



This is Little Skillet.
In my book, they have the best fried chicken (don't worry we make sure those chickens are organic and sustainably raised) in the City. And waffles!
Mouthwatering. Juicy. And fresh.



These goodies are from the SweetCart lady. It's a chocolate cupcake with peppermint icing. OMG! It was divine! I'm kinda picky with my cupcake texture - I like it a bit fluffy and light. This one hit the right spot =)

And - I learned how to make a cupcake sandwich (photo below).
*Hold the top and bottom of the cupcake, and lightly twist it to separate the top and bottom. Then take top with the icing and flip it over, so that there's only icing between the two pieces of cake - Like A Sandwich =)


We had a bowl of Brazilian food called Moqueca de Camarao (Shrimp Stew, Bahian style), or I think it was. It was muito delicioso!


And also to-die-for brownies with chocolate mousse on top. I devoured it before I could take a photo of it - so bad.


We arrived a bit early (Mike-Ike didn't want to miss out on the fried chicken), when we got there we were probably the first 10 people. And we left after our scrumptious meal. Later on,I heard that everyone had a good time for a good cause.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

This is very wonderful!
I love it when people actually get together to make something better.
And yes it has been a strange week on this side of the globe.
Very bad..and so sad.
You know what maybe people would listen to scientist a bit more now?

Love,
E

Anonym sa...

Yups. 'True that' It's just devastating.

Take it easy!

Hearts,
A