lördag 27 juni 2009

Toulouse-Lautrec pour toi.


For about two weeks now I have been following a wonderful
documentary series on the infamous Henry de Toulouse-Lautrec.
He has taken me around the most famous quartiers du Paris,
through the filthiest pubs and brothels, to the most magnificent
underground scenes with singers, songwriters and larger than
life characters such as Oscar Wilde.
It has been two smoky, wine filled and intriguing weeks for me.
But most importantly he has taken me to his atelje.


I got to know that Henry adored girls who loved girls.


And sad, forgotten prostitutes.






But most of all he loved all ladies of red hair.
According to him we smell different to other
women. And that I thought was beautiful.

- E

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Oh wow! Thanks for this! I love how we're both intellectually curious =))) And we share those curiosities.

Hearts,
A

Anonym sa...

Ditto, such pleasure!

Love,
E

Pauliina sa...

Ootko sä toi nainen?:)