tisdag 23 juni 2009

Father's Day/Summer Solstice

Last Sunday we celebrated Father's Day and in my own little way the First Day of Summer.

Gathering of the Gamit Family.

Above are my cuzzo's and auntie's.
Below (L-R): my fave Ate ("big sister" in Tagalog), Mum & Auntie Gloria.

This is my Mum to right - her name is Violeta, and Auntie Glo to the left.

!Filipino Food!
What you see here are pretty basic Filipino food.
What's interesting about our family is that my Dad's brothers, they're married to my aunties who are from different parts of the Philippines. So the food is a bit mixed.

Top: Fruit salald and cantaloupe with milk. Delish and refreshing!
Very much like agua fresca melon, w/ milk.

Below: Battered fried fish. Filipino Spaghetti (it's a bit sweet) - I think my Mum makes the best. Potstickers.
B-b-q's. Fresh fruit. Lumpia (mixed of shrimp, meat, and veggies). Turon (wrapped banana and jackfruit, coated with brown cane sugar). Goat stew.


Despite my exam the next day, I enjoyed myself. It was relaxing.
From time to time hanging out with my family is not so bad
(though sometimes they stress me out just b/c they're so chill)

Good times!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Oh yum!
I would love me some turon :D
YUM!

Good to see you with your fam
for a bit :)
And your mum and aunties are gorge!

Love,
E