fredag 31 juli 2009

Sad day


"MANILA, Philippines (AP) -- Former President Corazon Aquino, who swept away a dictator with a ''people power'' revolt and then sustained democracy by fighting off seven coup attempts in six years, died on Saturday, her son said. She was 76."
- New York Times

I've never had a formal education in History of the Philippines.
As of lately, I've been reading about it and trying to inform myself.
Partly, I think one of the reasons why I'm struggling with my identity is because I don't know much of the Filipino history.

But now that is all changing. I am coming into terms that part of myself.
Knowing ones history/roots is vital to an individuals self-identity.

And Corazon Aquino is an integral part of my own cultural identity.

2 kommentarer:

Lovelies sa...

Oh I really believe that this might be some sort of a key to finding yourself and like you said accepting your other Filipino half :)

It was all over the news here as well! She seems to have been an amazing lady.

Love,
E

Anonym sa...

Yeah it seemed like it... I know very little about the revolution that she took part in but she seemed to be a very courageous woman =).

I'm stooked

Hearts,
A