måndag 27 juli 2009

Pavlova Dessert

Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Berries

This I remember vividly...

When my brother and I were visiting AUS, our cousin took me to this pub. From what I can recall, it was situated in a gorgeous setting, somewhere outside of Eltham [Melbourne].

While browsing through the menu, I came upon this so-called Pavlova dessert.
On the menu it was topped off with different kind of berries and passion fruit sauce.

OMG!
When it came, I devoured it!
It was oh-so-heavenly.
You know how much I love passion fruit... And "the crunchy yet marshmallowy meringue" and its sublime texture, was all too vivid in my taste memory.

Fast forward: when we got back in the City, I missed it so much that I attempted to make it.
Much to my dismay it didn't came out the way I remembered it =/.
Even the one and only AUS restaurant in the City didn't make Pavlova dessert the I liked it.

Because of those two disappointing experiences, I sort of gave up hope.
Then I saw the photo above on the Epicurious homepage!
I think I'm going to give it another try...

So, until then...

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Oh ;)
I LOVE Pavlova!
And lucky for me J's
stepmother makes it for
us quite often!!!
At first she couldn't make
it at all. It just wouldn't
work! But after her like..
fourth try or so it had started
to become purrfect.

So good!
I think you should just keep on trying ;)

Love,
E

Lovelies sa...

Also our computer broke and
J is rebuilding it so I will
post as soon he is done.
Shouldn't be more than a couple
of days..oh and i will comment on
the youtube clips then as well
because his work comp that i am on
now won't let me look at them :(

Is all well with you btw?

Kisses,
E

Anonym sa...

Ahlo mi lovely!

Oh lucky! Yes, that's what I'm going to do, keep on trying =)

And no worries about posting, totally understand =)

Anyway, we are hanging in there. Thanks a lot for asking.

Hearts,
A