tisdag 15 september 2009

The Sparrow.

Last night all I wanted was to meet up with the girls
and enjoy their company while feeding on something
delicious..but cheap!
(After all my traveling you see I am poor.)


So my friend K made a booking at Sparrow in Perth.



I must say that at first this little Indonesian joint
didn't really look like all that much
but we started chatting and opened a bottle of red.

The Sparrow is strictly BYO with no corkage fee so
that was definitely something we loved!
We then ended up ordering the following items:
beef rendang
gado gado
ikan bakar
tahu tek

(wikipedia these!)


Gado gado


Beef rendang

And I must say it was wonderful!
The gado gado had freshly boiled green vegetables and egg
with a lot of yummy peanut sauce. The tahu tek was very nice
with a fluffy tofu omelet covered in..peanut sauce and the sauce
of beef rendang was spicy and tasty.
The only thing I didn't really like was the fish.
It was dry, although the sauce was wonderful. Go figure.

Anyway, the thing we loved the most was the fact that as we
split the bill (which they were happy to do for us)
we all walked away with paying only 10 dollars!
( 8.5 USD , 6 EURO )

Now that is a delicious bargain!

Love,
E

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Glad to hear you're back Missy! =)

Can't wait to hear stories and see your photos!

I've had Indonesian cuisine before and I remember having beef rendang before =).

Anyway, well I'm still here... super duper busy with my research paper and counting the days till the end of this semester (which I shouldn't be really doing b/c it'll just make it longer - oh well!).

Hearts,
A