torsdag 26 mars 2009

YaMo "for the curious one"

(adore this sign. posted in the back of the menu)


While I'm waiting for my dear Brother.

Here's my take on Yamo (past post).


This coconut juice was refreshing and oh-so delicious!
Made me miss of my cousins back in the Philippines.

Yellow beef curry (burmese style). When I was reading the review on this hole-in-the-wall rest, people recommended this dish.
Very good for its price (inexpensive) - fresh and good portion. It was a bit bland, but clean tasting.

Tea leaf salad - this dish was an acquired dish.
Very good texture. Veggies and nuts. It had some sort of paste that I could not figure out.
Mikey-Ike liked it.

Mike-Ike and I, we exchanged our main dish. I had the beef and he had this (yellow curry chicken). I thought it was better than the beef. The beef had that gamey texture, which I'm not very fond of. But similar sauce base.

The other one is the shrimp spring roll. That was good. In high-end restaurants, that would've cost us, no less than $10.00, but at Yamo it was only $3.oo - bargain!

Overall, it was good but my taste buds weren't satisfied. It was fresh and 'homecooked', but not enough flavor going on.
Although, what I really liked about Yamo was how everything was made and cooked right in front of you. Sort of like your mum cooking right there in the kitchen and when it's finished, she'll serve it to you right after it left the stove.
And we got a kick out of one of the ladies, who was cracking the fresh coconuts with her knife - wow! You're being entertained and fed at the same time. They were super nice.

2 kommentarer:

Lovelies sa...

YUM!!!!!

Do you know if they
use MSG?

That stuff rally freaks me out.
And i kind off choose to cook alot
of my Asian at home.
And may I say,
it so much less
TASTY.

Wah.
What to do?
Maybe just
turn a blind eye?

HUgs,
E

P.S Lovin' the foodlog for real!!!

Anonym sa...

Lol. according to my uncle, a lil bit of MSG will not hurt. And I believe that- even though that's a big no-no for me also. Although, I think that their beef curry had msg; but mike-ikey and i, we exchanged, so he had that and I had the chicken yellow curry - lol.

Also, you know I blame the media for the whole MSG scare. I mean look at the Asians, they all cook with it, they're still alive and kicking. Perfect example of that is my family, they're stronger and healthier than most people I know here.

Anyway, thanks =))))) I was afraid, I was going over board with my food blog =/

Hearts,
A