söndag 29 mars 2009

Do you know the Way to Bolinas....

Bolinas is about an hour away from the City.
A hippie town. This is a haven for many writers, poets and artists.
This little town is famous for its exclusivity. There are no signs on the road on how to get there.
The people are nice but can be a bit hostile to outsiders. For example, while we were eating at this joint, a man (obviously a tourist) asked for an espresso. The restaurant employee replied, "the nearest place where you can get that is in Stinson". Which is about 15-20 mins drive.

Very pretty. On one side is the Pacific Ocean and on the other side is a lagoon.
******************
Anyway, we started our drive.
These images of the Golden Gate Bridge, I adore.
I don't see this often.
The sun is burning off the fog (not literally) - the sun is disrupting the fog formation process.

Ominous.

************
Our on-the-go snack: Non-alcoholic pinot and gruyere cheese on a baguette.

******
This was our first stop. Near Stinson Beach. A pub.
I'm sure you've had this beer - London's Pride. Smooth, creamy and malty English bitter.
"Cheers!"

*******
This is Stinson Beach.
My first time seeing it this crowded.
Last time I was there, it was deserted, foggy and cold.
***************************************************
Bolinas
Our late lunch. I had chicken wings, and Mikey-Ike had fish (halibut) and chips.
His was delicious and mine was OK.



My guess is, these deers are regulars in this park.



"Happy cows grow in sunny California."

Ahhh... this is part of California where I'd very much like to live someday.
Good food.
Serene, beautiful surroundings...

3 kommentarer:

Lovelies sa...

I seriously would not mind livin' in this part of Cali either!
It looks so serene.

And I have never tasted that beer but it looked nice.
I am not much of a beer connoisseur
and will only drink Sol or Corona with a hint of lime ;)

But then again one thing I know is sunnies..are yours Ray Bans?
Gosh I adore Ray Bans!
I've got my dads retro collection from the 80s.
J'adore.

And I loved your clothes.
Very relaxed yet chic.

Love,
E

Lovelies sa...

Oh and that on-the-road snack looked delish!

Me want some too.

Anonym sa...

Very nice. And not far away from the surf either =)))

Oh I love beer [and wine]. That beer was oh-so-delicious! You gotta try it!

No, it's not, it's just some el cheap-o sunnies - lol! Looks like it though ha. My Mum has one, and I plan on borrowing it, then not return it. *wink*

Thanks =)))

Glad you likey the post =)

Hearts,
A