lördag 21 mars 2009

Starstruck

So, Finally... After all these years of dreaming.

As Mikey-Ike and I were walking earlier at the Farmers Market. There was this guy on walkie-talkie, as we were walking passed him we heard him say "Bourdain is over at Blue Bottle".
I quickly turned around and looked at Mike. At the same time, we looked towards where the Blue Bottle kiosk is (we were just a few steps away from it) and saw immediately him - he was tall, about 6'4".

I wanted to get a better view of him. So Mikey-Ike and I, we went to the other side and I just stared at him - lol.
I was starstruck! Couldn't believe my luck and what I was seeing. Unbelievable! So surreal...
He was with his wife.
The wife seemed nice. She was smiling the entire time. She seemed not to mind the people who were trying to get his autograph and have a photo taken with him.
Some people had the nerve to go up to him and asked for his autograph and a photo with him.
I didn't.... To tell you the truth, I just wanted to gaze at him. Oh... I sooo admire him. He has the perfect job!

On with my surreal Saturday morning at my Ultimate Favorite Farmers Market.
So, they left the Blue Bottle kiosk and proceeded to (I'm assuming his crew) where his people were shooting. I wanted to go ahead and go about our agenda, but as we were walking, we ended up just a few feet away from him. I continued staring at him. I so badly wanted to take a photo with him, but I was just too shy. I didn't want to intrude on his moment with his wife - and at that time he was also sort of working. I contemplated, whether I should go up to him and ask to have a photo with him. But I decided not to and let him be.
Then as we were walking, Mike thought of something...
He suggested I get another copy of his book (the same book that I've been carrying all week, just in case I ran into him in the City). So, I ran over to the bookstore and we bought his book. At this time, blood was rushing into my head. Just freaking excited!

I have the book in my hand and I'm running to where we saw him before (w/ his crew). When I got there, he wasn't with them anymore. I stood opposite of where his crew were, while my Sweet-Lovely Mike, went around and tried looking for him; in case he was checking out the scene and the food stands.
After a few minutes, a guy that was part of his crew, looked at me and sort of noticed the book that I was carrying. I took the subtle hint and went up to him. I asked him, where AB was and he said... "oh, I'm sorry, he just left like 5-10 mins ago." I felt my spirit going down really fast.
I asked him again, if he could tell me where he's staying, just to get the autograph. He apologized again and said he couldn't tell me. He really looked apologetic.
Then I said, "oh I guess... that's life."
I've been waiting for that moment and I am grateful for having seen him even though I didn't get my book signed.
It is now a fun memory.

2 kommentarer:

Lovelies sa...

OH man!
Why oh why did he have to go?

That is sooo unlucky.
And you adore him..
WAAAH!

I was twisting my hands in
excitment when i read on..
and then...no.
You missed him.

I feel your pain.

Love,
E

Anonym sa...

=). All good though. I'm being optimistic. I'll see him again =)))). Lol. Perhaps, in (viet)Nam.

Love,
A