söndag 10 januari 2010

Beginning at Bouchon

This was how my January 1st started...

Dinner with mi familia at Bouchon in Yountville --- up North.
Bouchon is listed on my Restaurant Must-To-Go list.
Started by famed French chef, Thomas Keller

So I was super excited to go...
I like the ambience of the restaurant.
It is an upscale-casual joint. Good thing we didn't have to dress up b/c we are not that sort of family; unless we have to, that is =)

Anyway, about the food...

For appetizer: we had variety of Oysters. Oh, I heart oysters =)
And poached salmon with salad.

I had the Croque Madame w/ Black Truffle Pomme Frites.
The Croque Madame was oozing with goodness. And the Truffle Pomme Frites, to die for.

Dad had the Truite aux Topinambours [pan-roasted trout with roasted sunchokes, marinated mushrooms, toasted almond & beurre noisette]
This was delicious.

Mother had the poached Salmon w/ beets.

And Rej had the (pictured above the Salmon) Poulet Roti [roasted chicken with crispy spatzle, winter squash, chestnuts & white wine poached pears with whole grain mustard jus].
I liked it, but he wasn't into it =/ Oh well...

This is Rej's Mousse au Chocolat Noir.
It was rich, creamy, and chocolaty.
Divine...

I opted for a cup of coffee.

it was a lovely way to spend the first day of 2010.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Oh delish!
I would have had the trout I think or the madame :)
And maybe some mousse.
But mostly coffee...man I love my java.
YOu still into yours?
Love,
E