söndag 8 november 2009

"The Thin Red Line" by Terrence Malick

I'm not a big fan of war movies - I can't handle gory scenes and inhumanity of it, too much for me. Whenever I'm watching this sort of films my eyes are covered most of the time.

However, there is this movie that Mikey-Ike highly recommended I see, called The Thin Red Line by Terrence Malick.

I've come to conclusion that Terrence Malick is one of all time favorite movie director. He also directed The New World, my other favorite film.

The movie The Thin Red Line is a must see.
It's a war movie and there are bloodshed scenes. But this movie is none other like war movies out there.

***a 1998 war film which tells a fictional story of United States forces during the Battle of Guadalcanal in World War II with the focus on the men in C Company, most notably Private Witt (Jim Caviezel) and his conflicted feelings about fighting in the war, Colonel Tall (Nick Nolte) and his desire to win the battle at any cost in order to get a promotion, and Private Bell (Ben Chaplin) and the dissolution of his marriage back home while he fights in the war. - Wiki

(Characters)

Poetic. Poignant. Heart wrenching.

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I've got a feeling that ive seen this one. But it must a long time ago. And i am bad. I never want to see anything outside of my comfort zone. Like really :)
You still reckon though?
Love,
E
P.S Thanks for this miss A!

Anonym sa...

There are some things that one must make an exception for...

I think that you'll appreciate Terrence Malick's artistry. Try watching this for 20mins, if it doesn't grab you - move on and turn it off. =)

Lots of Hearts,
A

Lovelies sa...

Ha :)
Shall try!
J made me watch 'Surrogates' for
10 min yesterday.
Yuck.
He truly has no taste that man.

Love,
E

Anonym sa...

Lol. The only movie I can't bring myself to watch are horror movies - I can't do it anymore. Blows, Charlotte Gainsbourg has a new movie (AntiChrist) out but b/c I'm such a woose I can't go and see it.

Cool that you're going to give it a try. Happy for you =)

Hearts,
A

Lovelies sa...

NO!
Honestly my best friend Hanna saw it and said it was horrible.
I know Lars Von Trier has a status and miss Gainsbourg is gorge but all that stuff in the movie.
Nah.
Not for moi.

Love,
E