tisdag 3 november 2009

Still on the food path.

So as you might know breakfast is my
all time favourite meal. Most days when
I do my yoga practice in the morning I
enjoy not one but TWO breakfasts.
Normally I have oatmeal with honey,
fruit and almonds right after the training
followed by say a toast with beans during
lunch time.
All this because
1) I get super hungry waking up at 5.30
2) Come 7.30 I have already cranked the
downward dog for two hours
3) I despise lunch as a meal

So yeah anyway what I was coming to was
that sometimes it just happens that I get sick of
my oatmeal and just make this easy muesli instead.
It is by the lovely Donna Hay.

Peach and Coconut Granola

3 cups oats
1 cup flaked almonds
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups chopped dried peaches

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Mix oats and almonds and set aside.
Cook honey, oil and vanilla over high heat
until the honey has melted.
Pour over oats and mix well.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 min or until muesli
is golden.
Stir through the coconut and peaches
and allow to cool. Serve with vanilla yoghurt.

You must try it. It is divine!



Love,
E

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

How I wish I can pull myself out of bed that early =/. I hate that I don't have the discipline, waking up early. Ever since I can remember, I've always hated waking up early... although, once I'm awake I'm all good... Hm...

Anyway, that I am definitely going to try... =))) We usually have huevos revueltos del rancho or just eggs with sliced tomatoes and wasa crackes.

I'll keep you posted how this turned out for me =)

W/ lots of Hearts,
A