tisdag 24 februari 2009

The Non-Moussaka.

This is what I do with
the moussaka that
actually
as my collegue pointed out
is not the real moussaka.

See I use eggplant
which I find much more
fabulous than old potato.

Anyway:

fry soy or meat mince
with onion and
good quality olive oil

cut eggplant in thin slices
and make it a lot

put the mince into an oven dish
then place eggplant slices on top with
seasalt on them so they cry a bit
(less bitter)

you may make several meat-eggplant layers

finally pour on some tomato pasta sauce or
just canned tomatoes

add peppar

and last but not least some soy cheese or
what ever cheese you prefer

Ready!
Then you just let the oven work its magic at about
200 degrees until the eggplant are soft and cheese is
melted.

This is soul food.

- E

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Sounds yum... I'm making that!

Thanks a bunch!

Hearts,
A