lördag 21 februari 2009

Good Life. Great food.

Potato-Wrapped Cod


This was absolutely amazing. The cod was perfect with just a hint of garlic, wrapped inside of thinly sliced potatoes. It knocked my socks off!



Cod seared in Mango salsa.

Freshly chopped mango salsa.

Fresh Cod fillets searing.

OMG! This made my taste buds come alive. The mango and fish are perfect together.


- Hats off to the chef. He is my heart. -
You know at the end of day... great food is nothing unless it's made with Love.
Yes, I'm corny... but when a cook is passionate you can actually taste and feel it at the same time. (check out the movie titled - Like Water for Chocolate)




And here's the Dessert...


Vanilla Bean Rice Pudding

Mike-Ike was a bit pessimistic when I was trying to make this.
He said, many people he knows who tried making this were not very successful.
Well I thought, I'm not one of those people, now am I.
And plus... I'm Filipino, I should know a thing or two about rice.

True enough, in the process of making this Vanilla Rice Pudding, it reminded me of Champorado (
a sweet chocolate rice porridge in Filipino cuisine - Wiki).
Although this pudding is a bit more time consuming than Champorado (can be made in 20mins). This pudding took me at least 45mins to make...


But oh so worth it...!
The rice didn't burn (it almost did, I pulled the lid right on time and poured the milk - phew!).

The Vanilla bean flavor was just perfect.
The nutty taste of the rice after bowling it first in the water, made a huge difference to the pudding.



Great food shared with someone you adore, makes everything "perfect".
Especially if you two labored for those amazing dishes.


4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

OH I agree on the good food equals good life thing!
Such good stuff.
Good work you guys!!

We can't have cod around here or in Europe as it is red listed.
:(
Poor things.

So I try to be environmental and buy other stuff.
Harsh.

Tell me how you went at the flea hunt!
*cravings*

Hearts,
E

Anonym sa...

And I almost bought Like Water For Chocolate by Esquivel today..must be an omen?

Love deffo spices up food in a special way!!

Is Mike a real chef is he?
Jealous...*smirk*

Love,
E

Lovelies sa...

I love your food updates,
they are gold!

Anonym sa...

=) Thank you, dubba. Hm... I hope cod is not on the red list here. It'll be on the news, esp. here in the Bay Area.

Hm... Like Water for Chocolate. Lol. Funny and romantic film. That's funny. I think sometimes we have that psyche connection. I'm thinking we knew each other in the old life. Lol.

The flea market thing is not till the end of this month. I'll make sure to fill you in. Any requests? I'll see if I can find it =)

Hearts,
A