onsdag 3 februari 2010

Insatiable cravings --- cake run!

When Mikey-ike arrived, he told me about this particular cake.
As he was describing it to me, I was salivating and my head was screaming, "I want it now!"

I grabbed my canvas bag and off I went.
I only had 15 mins left before our grocery store closed.
I walked fast.

When I got to there, I immediately went straight to the pastry case.
I asked for it and I didn't care if it wasn't perfect (the side of the cake was brushed off, just a little bit).
I took the cake.
Just to make sure, I checked my bag if my wallet was in it...

... wah! Wallet? NOT inside! =/// Major headache coming on...

I looked at my phone, and I only had about 8 mins left, before they closed.
I thought for a sec.. and I decided that I could make it.

So, I ran and ran --- 8 sets of stairs!
I was huffing and puffing by the time I reached the apt.
I grabbed my bloody wallet and ran back to the store.
Running back to the store was much easier, but still... all for a cake?!
And to top it all off, at the same time, I was having major cramps...

But victory was MINE! I got there just in time! Lol!
Still had 3 mins left!
Phew!

Here is my PRIZE...

Once a month I have these mad cravings.
This time, it was this Strawberry Chiffon Cake.

I was huffing and puffing just to get a taste of this goodness.

Light, creamy icing--not-too-sweet.
White chiffon cake--airy but moist.
Fresh strawberries---sweet and succulent.
I patted myself on the back for my efforts and ate my cake.
It was worth it (until my next craving).

Inga kommentarer: