lördag 20 februari 2010

recent Culinary Highlights

As my taster said, "these things had to be tasted to be believed. A chef can sometimes unwittingly create jaw-dropping versions of well-known standards and this was one of those times."

1) Arugula, carrots, red bell peppers, sliced pear, topped with Parmesan. Dressed in my own artisanal vinaigrette.

2) I have been craving this for ages.
Tuna Melt in toasted multi grain bread.
Ingredients: Wild caught, hand-packed, dolphin safe yellowfin tuna, balsamic vinegar, dill pickle (but I used chopped French Cornichons), mayonnaise, and old style dijon mustard. The original recipe [that I found online] called for shredded sharp cheddar cheese; I used sliced sharp cheddar cheese and pepper jack.


3) Allura's Asian Stir Fry --- small florets of Broccoli and firm tofu, stir fried in garlic chili oil.


4) Orzo, Asparagus, and Black Winter Truffle Butter.
This was heavenly.
The slightly sweet crunch of fresh asparagus. A hint of smokey black truffle. Mixed with al dente Orzo, topped with creamy parmesan and salty Pecorino.


Bon appetite!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

YUM!
I am hungry now!
I want to learn how to cook...
Can I have your vinaigrette recipe?
PUrrleeaaz

Love,
E

Anonym sa...

sorry for this very late comment...

vinaigrette recipe:
wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
black pepper
dijon mustard

Anonym sa...

Yum dude!