tisdag 21 april 2009

In the life of a desperate housewife: Sorrento.

All I heard was 'should we go out to dinner'
and I was already in the bathroom
making myself pretty.

We jump in the car and head towards the beautiful
night time city skyline.
We find a restaurant and take our seats on the balcony.
(Or actually that is where we got seated as the lady told me I was too pretty to sit anywhere else. Ha!)

And then I notice this:



Ouch.
Anyway this is what we had at Sorrento in Northbridge.

Us: 'Garlic Bread'
kind of like French toast with not much garlic but a LOT of oil

Him:
'400g Veal rib eye cooked to your liking served with creamy mash potato, green beans, roasted tomato & red wine jus'
he ordered medium but got well-done but the creamy mash as well as the wonderful red wine sauce still kept him happy

Myself: a daily special of Scallop Risotto with basil and tomatoes
a very nice risotto in general which is in fact rather hard to find these days with a lot of scallops and fresh tomatoes, however again they could go a little easier on the oil

Then we shared a bottle of Asahi beer which was served in small icy beer glasses. YUM!
Altogether a very nice little evening and I was very delighted to find a bubbly and exciting area for going out for drinks or dinner as I still had not found one here in Perth before.

- E



2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Oh no - your heels =/

Very romantic =)))) Yups restaurants are always fun.

I'm going to be lazy and ask you this... how big is Perth? What's the pop like?

Hm... I am now craving for some red meat - lol.

Hearts,
A

Anonym sa...

Here you go missy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Western_Australia

But I think the pop'ion has gone up like...heaps in the last two years toward like 4 million or summit.
So not ure about that no. but anyway this'll give you something :D

Hug,
E