söndag 21 december 2008

La Mar Cebicheria Peruana



The most delicious fresh chips - sweet potato, potato, and banana plantain - I've ever had. Also the reason, I say that is because Mikey-Ike usually does not eat banana plantain, he devoured it all! So it must be Good =) These were like crack - addicting!



I was probably a little bit tipsy here... Lol. I had a cocktail, which probably wasn't a very good idea. But I got through the day, or going around the market, without knocking off things or making a fool of myself.

I thought I'd try it - the cocktail. It was alright. I was never a cocktail drinker. More of a wine drinker.
Anyway...
Next to it, was some sort of purple-corn non-alcoholic beverage - yummy!


This was the best grilled octopus, I've ever had in SF!
When were in NY, we went to this particular restaurant and OMG, it was there I had an amazing grilled octopus. Since then, I've been on the look out for the best grilled octopus and I found it in La Mar!


"Traditional Peruvian style stir-fry of sautéed beef tenderloin, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, soy sauce, garlic, aji amarillo with potato fries and rice"

This is similar to Bistek in the Filipino cuisine. This was amazing also. It wasn't loaded with salt, the tomato counterbalanced the saltyness of the soy sauce.
It was perfect. I'm going to try and imitate this recipe.


I thought this was a banana dessert, but I could be wrong.

So that was how we spent our Speedy lunch on Saturday. Afterwards, we hunted for our purrrfect tomato; unfortunately we didn't find it (which was our agenda). When we got to the market, the vendors were packing already and little were left behind.

1 kommentar:

Lovelies sa...

Haha :)
Good on ya for
having a little drinksy!
It always makes you hilarious.

And OMG what delicacies
you two have been indulging in.
I would like to have
the plantain chippies and
the octopus please!

Could you please make my wish come through Santa oh dear Santa?

Hihi ;)