tisdag 10 augusti 2010

My Path to Ramen Enlightenment

Lately, I have been in search of the BEST ramen in the City.
So far, my search has led me to some awesome findings and tasty treats.

There's this place called Suzu, Noodle House in Japantown. And I think their noodles are to die for! Chewy, great texture, and homemade.
Below is the Spicy Mabo Ramen (tofu, crumpled tasty pork, boiled egg, and green onion).

Lol! I guess I was sooo hungry that I forgot to take a photo of this ramen at Oyaji in the Inner Richmond.
It was not great, but decent. I came to this place in particular b/c I heard that the broth of their ramen was fresh tasting and didn't have that weird MSG taste.
I thought otherwise, it was good but not the best.

Izakaya Sozai in the Sunset, I heard/read that this place makes one of the best ramen dishes.
Now... in comparison to the broth (pork) in Suzu and Oyaji, this one is the best.
Fresh and tasty, simply delish!
And the cha-su (roasted pork slice), I've never had anything like it. Didn't have that weird taste, it was tender, juicy, and no chemical taste. For the first time, I actually ate my cha-su, instead of shoving it aside.
Below is the Tonkotsu Ramen.

Next... is Namu.

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Awww ramen! Looks like path to enlightenment has been delicious! I knew I would get you going with this topic ;)

Love,
E

Anonym sa...

lol! =))) go grab yourself a bowl. especially Great during cold season =)))

hearts,
a

Lovelies sa...

I want to grab a bowl! but I can't seem to find decent ramen around here! Hey should we go to Japan next year? To meet Tak and get some real ramen?

Hugs,
E

Anonym sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.
Anonym sa...

YES! Let's go!

hey, did you get my email about going to Japan? It'll b perfect (my adoptive mum's daughter just got engage and she wants me to go with her and celebrate with them), after AUS, let's fly to Japan together! i've been talking to Takuya about it, actually =). Wahhh...


X's,
A

Anonym sa...

Have you??? Wow speedy girl! Sounds perfect! I have been wanting to go to Japan for EVER now! But didn't get your email though..where's it at?

Love,
E