söndag 15 augusti 2010

Hapa Ramen @ Fort Mason, SF

I was able to fin'ly go and check out Off The Grid (street food carts coming together) last Friday.
Yes, it is what it is in the photo --- cold and windy, such a drag! But that did not deter me from going and enjoying the scene and the food =). They have live music, drinks, and great foods =).

They have different vendors every Friday. But my sole reason for going was to taste Hapa Ramen bowl of noodles.


I got the Slow Cooked Pork Ramen Bowl.
They do offer vegetarian ramen noodle, the Miso Market Bowl.

The greens (chard and green beans) were perfectly cooked.
The egg was slow-cooked and super delicious!
The braised pork was tender, juicy and flavorful.
But... the only component that was a letdown was the salty broth =/ Yups, it was a tad salty (even for can't-help-salt crazy like me), otherwise, everything was great. Barely tasted the "flavor between delicate-sweet-dashi and rich-fatty-porky." (haparamensf.com) Must have been bad timing.

I will give them another try...

Inga kommentarer: