torsdag 28 maj 2009

One cosy dinner on a Wednesday night.



We head off to Northbridge, a somewhat funny area in Perth
filled with lively restaurants and all sorts of things.



We order Edamame beans (!!) and Asahi beer to start off.
Then Beef No Tataki and chicken maki rolls for him,
miso soup, steamed rice and California rolls for me.
We also share a salad. I was very hungry. Ha!

Beef No Tataki was thinly sliced beef with radish and katsu
sauce and apparently very tasty. My California rolls melted
in the mouth as they were so fresh. The taste was very delicate
and I could distinguish between all of the components
(egg, avocado, prawn) which does not happen too often I'll
tell you. The Asahi was served from ice cold glasses just as we
like it and the salad had a gorgeous dressing.




For desert we got super a favorite!
Remember this one?
Yum!

All and all rather expensive at 70 AUS but..Ah.
Gotta love mid-week din dins!

- E

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Mi likey the first photo =)))

Yups... I remember 'Bubbies" or Boobies - lols!

Hm... was the thinly sliced beef cooked? Or carpaccio like?

Yum... You know I've been looking for that watercress salad we always used to have in that yakitori style restaurant in HI, but can't find it anywhere! Do you know what sort of dressing they were using?

Hearts,
A

Lovelies sa...

This is the thing:
our salad in here had the absolute same dressing!!! That a bit peanut-y and garlicky taste that is so hard to..distinguish.
So I'll have to ask next time :)

Jon said that the Tansawa Tei beef was seared but very raw inside.
So kind of like a carpaccio type of dish. To me it looked very much the same with the thin cut etc.

And i'll come back to the dressing shortly!

Love,
E