lördag 15 november 2008

"The Boy in the Striped Pajamas"

i wanted to check out the CA Academy of Science, but when i got there and saw the line, I chickened out and drove away. this is one those days, i can't deal with long lines and be in throngs of people. so... i went to get lunch and i decided to watch...


This movie made me cry the entire time.

Heartbreaking and horrid.

If you can, watch this.

Also, it got me thinking, I think I'm going to devote myself to humanity. I know I can't do everything, but at least I did something.


"'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' tells its simple story with directness, concision and insightful detail. A family finds itself living with blackest evil, and yet this evil manifests in a strangely insidious and quotidian way: the officer's promotion; the wife's household help, consisting of Jewish prisoners; a teenage girl's crush, taking the form of a handsome young Nazi butcher. The little boy watches and takes it all in. - Mick Lasalle (SF Chronicle)

Also, the cast did a fabulous job that they take you in. They evoke feelings.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Oh yeah I know this one.
i saw it playing in Spain!
Oh.
I don't know if I can watch it.
i am a bit of a cry baby after all.

- E

Anonym sa...

OMG! You'll cry throughout the movie. Horendous.